- Finance & Business
Visit our country sites
- Opening a Dutch bank account
- Tax and insurance in the Netherlands
- Euro is now part of Dutch life
- Taxation in Belgium
- Expert tips: Financial planning
- Assurance Vie - An expatriate’s guide
- The three Rs of running a gite in France
- A guide to taxation in France
- Tax and freelancers in Germany
- Setting up your own business in Germany
- How to open a Swiss bank account
- Insurance in Switzerland
- Business climate in Spain
- Self–employment in Spain
- Tax in Spain
- Paying national insurance contributions
- Depositors, beware!
- Moving money to the UK
- The Luxembourg income tax system
- Pensions in Luxembourg
- Starting a business in Portugal
Overseas insuranceUnderstanding overseas insurance is essential for expats, whether it be medical, work-related, life insurance, insuring your house or car or taking out special insurance relevant to your lifestyle. Some countries require self-employed expats to insure themselves. All Expatica country sites provide overviews of insurance for foreigners. The bottom line is: insure yourself, your home, car and any other valuable property. As an expat,...
Pensions & Insurance - Essential Articles
If you've gathered pensions from a number of countries and plan on retiring abroad, Expatica's pension expert Phil Loughton explains how to transfer your pension plans abroad.
01/02/2014 Guide to car insurance
If you have ever taken part in the daily car race into and out of Brussels, then you understand the importance of good auto insurance. Here is the Expatica guide to protecting yourself (and your wallet).
22/01/2014 Planning your retirement in France
Carefully planning your finances and retirement pension will enable you to make the most of retiring in France.