- Expat Life
Visit our country sites
- Groups and clubs in the Netherlands
- New Year’s resolution: Give up the gym and get fit!
- Religious services in English
- Driving and parking in Holland
- Expat Voices: Irma Claeys on life in Belgium
- The pieces that simply will not fit
- 'Natural' wine is new booze on the block
- Expat Entrepreneur in Paris: Heather Jerue
- Expat Voices: Dominique Cachat on living in Uzès
- 'Poor but sexy' Berlin pulls in the tourists
- Expert tips: Dress codes in Germany
- Switzerland’s main cities
- Swiss watch industry hurt by crisis
- Expat Entrepreneur in Malaga: Samantha Sintes
- Pucker up in public in Spain
- A guide to bars and pubs in Barcelona
- The great British immigration debate
- Finding London’s expatriates
- Ten crucial consumer trends for 2010
- A detour into Luxembourg
- Expat groups and clubs in Portugal
Living abroadLiving abroad requires a certain type of lifestyle. First coined in 1929 by an Austrian psychologist, the term ‘lifestyle’ reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group, which includes social relations, consumption, entertainment and dress. Being an expat, of course, is a lifestyle in and of itself.
Expat lifestyle: The chameleon wandererExpat life engenders an international outlook coupled with an ability to blend relatively...
Lifestyle - Essential Articles
Are you an Asian expat in the Netherlands on a temporary residence permit? If so, Maastricht University would love to talk to you about your experiences. [Contributed by Maastricht University]
15/04/2014 Discovering Belgium: Discovering Durbuy
Known the smallest town in the world, Durbuy's riverside setting makes it a picturesque getaway from Belgium's capital of Brussels.
EPN provides public spaces for all ages in Paris: Co-working desks, free computer and internet use, plus 'initiation' lessons for those unfamiliar with computer technology.
Immerse yourself in all aspects of Dutch culture with this brief overview of the many festivals, monuments, exhibits, and museums that showcase culture in the Netherlands.
16/10/2013 Unexpected Traveller: Guide to Gare du Midi
Gare du Midi is cryptic and confuses many a visitor when first arriving to Belgium. Here's a guide to unravelling Belgium's main station to make Gare du Midi a little less 'unexpected'.
A comprehensive local guide to Paris's best outdoor markets, arranged by arrondissement to help you easily find the closest Parisian market to you.
Stuck for fun kids activities in the Netherlands? Here's a comprehensive children's guide for extracurricular activities, scouts, petting zoos, museums, rainy day options, and more!
19/08/2013 Together Magazine: Summer fun in Knokke
Here are some top events and attractions happening in the charming coastal town of Knokke town in August and September.