Visit our country sites
- Tax advantages for expat house buyers
- Property in the Netherlands
- Life on a Dutch Barge
- A Guide to Mortgages in Belgium
- Top five problems faced by renters in France
- How to find a good property agent in France
- Buying a house in France
- An expat view of housing in Europe
- Renting a home in Berlin
- How to rent and buy a house in Switzerland
- How to rent an apartment in Switzerland
- Short- or long-term rentals in Spain?
- Buying a house in Spain
- Where to live in Barcelona
- Renting accommodation in London
- Buying a home in the UK
- Where to live in Luxembourg
- How to prepare your house for sale
- Editor’s guide to renting in Portugal
- Where to live in Portugal
Renting versus buying a home in Europe is a common dilemma expats face when they arrive in their new location. You will need to take many factors into consideration before deciding, including how long you plan to live in your new country of residence and the current property market.read more
Unless your company provides expat apartments, or you can find something through friends, it is advisable to go...
One of the most important decisions you’ll make upon arriving at your new location is where to live. The cost of housing, proximity to work, schools and amenities should be considered as well as your preferred neighbourhood. Some people prefer to stay in neighbourhoods popular with other internationals, while others choose to live in areas popular with locals. An Expatica poll reveals that...