Visit our country sites
- A guide to Dutch immigration and residency regulations
- The Netherlands at a glance
- Young, single, new job, new country?
- Belgium country factbook
- Belgian immigration and residency regulations
- Renting in Paris
- Essential tips on relocation
- Driving and parking in Germany
- How to move to Germany legally: visas and citzenship
- Switzerland country factbook
- Managing your move abroad
- Staying connected in Spain
- How to import, buy or lease cars in Spain
- How to connect to utilities in Barcelona
- UK identity cards: An introduction
- Driving in the UK: Licenses
- Moving money to the UK
- Luxembourg country factbook
- The Childcare system in Luxembourg
- Visas in Portugal
- Childcare in Portugal
Country factsPlanning a trip to or just arrived in your new country of residence? Expatica’s Country factbook series offers in-depth profiles of Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. Topics include geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues. What about the monarchy and history of your adopted land, or the people, the culture, the...
Country Facts - Essential Articles
16/04/2014 Celebrating King's Day in the Netherlands
Most countries with royalty celebrate their monarch's birthday with pomp and ceremony. The Dutch, in contrast, hold a giant open-air market to celebrate 'Koningsdag'.
20/03/2014 Belgian public holidays 2014
20/03/2014 National public holidays in France 2014
Here's a calendar of national public holidays in France for 2014, as well as regional French public holidays.