- Finance & Business
Visit our country sites
- Opening a Dutch bank account
- Tax and insurance in the Netherlands
- Euro is now part of Dutch life
- Taxation in Belgium
- Expert tips: Financial planning
- Assurance Vie - An expatriate’s guide
- The three Rs of running a gite in France
- A guide to taxation in France
- Tax and freelancers in Germany
- Setting up your own business in Germany
- How to open a Swiss bank account
- Insurance in Switzerland
- Business climate in Spain
- Self–employment in Spain
- Tax in Spain
- Paying national insurance contributions
- Depositors, beware!
- Moving money to the UK
- The Luxembourg income tax system
- Pensions in Luxembourg
- Starting a business in Portugal
Starting a business abroad Starting a business abroad is easy. But you need to understand the local business culture. How do you register a business if you are an expat? What are the rules and regulations for expat entrepreneurs, including freelancers? Expatica’s business channel addresses the basics to help expats find their feet and start a business in unfamiliar territory. Articles like Setting up your own business in Germany will point you in the...
Business - Essential Articles
Communications expert Declan Mulkeen discusses the importance of cultural awareness when working abroad or managing international teams.
20/03/2012 Business culture in Belgium
This handy guide from Expertise in Labour Mobility includes information on Belgian management culture, hierarchy, negotiations, and business etiquette in Belgium.
19/03/2012 Management culture in France
This handy guide from Expertise in Labour Mobility includes information on business hierarchy, negotiations, and etiquette.